Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is God Real?

What happens when I start doubting God's reality?

I have been a Christian for over fifteen years, still, surprisingly, that thought did recently cross my mind. Is there a place for such thinking in my mind? Can a follower of Christ deal with that sort of thinking? Do you wonder where it comes from?

It comes from the garden of Eden, from the words of that same snake that asked Eve (who walked with God "in the cool of the day"): “Did God really...?” That Serpent loves to play in our minds. If we unwittingly invite him in he will do his job.

Is God real? How do I know that I'm real? Who says that I'm a man, that I'm human? Maybe I am just a worm who thinks he is a human? What wild thoughts! Still, many people struggle with that sort of ideas...

There is a source outside of myself which objectively says who He is and who I am.

“In the beginning God …” The first four words of the Source … the Bible. The inspired Word of God tells us who He is and who we are …
“Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them” (Genesis 1:26-27).

Satan will skip through your mind, no matter who you are or what the condition of your heart. But, you can throw that Serpent out of your mind, just as Christ did when tempted by him … “It is written,” Christ responded.

Is God real? Am I real? Yes! How do I know? Who said so? God! He said it, I believe it, and that is proof enough for me!

Alexander Shein – Editorial Team

No comments: