Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter - the Gift of Love ...

1 Peter 1:3-4 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.”

Easter is a message with special meaning for Christians around the world. It is a message of God’s love for mankind, it is a message of renewal, it is a message of mercy and grace, it is the message of salvation.

It is a statement to the lost and hopeless that there is hope … a chance to start over.

It is the promise from God that though his people had a rocky beginning … they can have a glorious, eternity.

It is a gift from a loving Father to an errant child.

Nineteen years ago, this Easter 2012, I was the errant child (a 58-year-old child) who opened that gift. I never dreamed that the simple acceptance of an unearned gift could change a life so dramatically. I never dreamed of the love, forgiveness, acceptance and possibility that sprang out of that gift given to me and to all mankind 2000 years ago.

I never dreamed that by simply admitting that I was much less than my boasts proclaimed; simply admitting that I was a hopeless sinner who needed a savior; and, simply admitting that only Jesus could pull me through, that I would become a brother in Christ and have life everlasting.

You, too, can open that gift. Easter Sunday 2012 would be the ideal time to complete that act and begin again. Don’t let the chance go to waste.

As Paul stated in 1 Corinthians 15:10: “But because God was so gracious, so very generous, here I am. And I'm not about to let His grace go to waste.” (The Message)

Happy Easter and Praise God!

Larry Abele – Editorial Team

No comments: