Monday, August 11, 2008

Please Pray With Us ...

My good friend and one of the editorial team of this blog, Sasha Shein, sent me a prayer request. It concerned the news of further trouble in the area east of the Black Sea … Georgia, Russia and South Ossetia.

Paul, Sasha and I ministered to people in that area nearly 10 years ago. We were in the city of Vladikavkaz 20 miles north of the border of Georgia and 100 miles north of the capital of South Ossetia where the fighting is taking place.

It is a wildly beautiful area with humble, warm, beautiful people. Many times I find myself thinking back to those days among them. And I, along with Paul and Sasha, am grieved by this terrible news.

Let me share with you a portion of Sasha’s letter:

"Russian believers are greatly concerned and are praying for the people of South Ossetia. The aggression of Georgian troops and the genocide exercised by Georgian government must be stopped. Please pray for the people of South Ossetia and our fellow believers among them who I happen to know personally."

God proclaimed in 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

This is personal to Jesus Christ, my friends; it is personal to us and it should be personal to you. Please pray for these precious people!

Larry Abele - Editorial Team

No comments: