Monday, September 1, 2008

Jesus IS Coming Again!

Christians and many non-Christians the world over believe or have heard of the Lord’s Imminent Return. We who believe know that Jesus is coming again to this world.

In the Bible book of Revelation, John states in 1:1 that it is "… the revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place."

He further says in verse 3, "Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."

So, the skeptic says, that was written 2000 years ago … so when is “near“? 


Moses reminded us in Psalm 90 verse 4, “For a thousand years in your (God’s) sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.” The Lord sees time much differently than we do. A thousand years could be a day or even a watch (four hours).

We had better be ready because we will not hear the familiar phrase, "Fire In The Hole!" Peter told us in 2 Peter 3:10, “ … the day of the Lord will come like a thief.”

He reminded us in the same chapter, verses 3 and 4, ... in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised?

So, why is he waiting so long? We are to watch for the signs and many of those are happening in this evil time on earth. Again Peter reminds us in verse 9, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

Mercy is being extended … that is why there is a continuation of evil in the world.

My friends, I accepted the Lord in 1993. I am so glad He did not return in 1992!

However, He could return tomorrow, or next week or in a couple years or a couple hours ... we cannot know. But, we can be ready! Believe me … it is worth it. If we accept the Lord’s gift of sacrifice for us, John again reminds us of what it will be like in Revelation 21:4 … “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Don’t wait any longer. Believe in Him. Tell Him, “Lord, I am a sinner. I know that you died to save me from those sins. I believe you did that for me, Lord. I am so sorry that you had to make that sacrifice for me. I repent of those sins and thank you for coming into my heart, Jesus.”

You say that prayer, my friend, and mean it from the bottom of your heart, then you too can look forward to the Lord’s Imminent Return.


Larry Abele, Editorial Team

No comments: