Monday, July 21, 2008

“Shalom”

Listening to the news and watching the television, one gets the impression the most precious commodity in the world are not natural resources and energy but peace. Peace seems to be lacking everywhere, whether we look to the East, West, North or South we see unrest, confrontation and war.

When we talk about peace we often think of a calm quiet place far from distractions and human challenges. Some people think the only way to find peace is to go on a Safari or move to a quite cabin in the woods away from everyone and everything.

Jesus spoke to his disciples just as he was facing the most challenging time of his life on earth and said the following words in John 14:27:

" Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Jesus Christ was a man of peace. He lived in peace and taught us how to live in peace. But Jesus didn't lead a calm tranquil existence, his life was permeated by confrontations persecution insults and in the end crucifixion.

The peace that Jesus offers is not dependent on outside circumstances; it depends only on our relationship with God. This peace stems from a knowledge that God is in control of all things. This knowledge results from a personal relationship with God.

Dear friend, perhaps you are thinking as you read these lines; "how in the world am I to have a personal relationship with God and how does one experience this peace with all the challenges of life". God wants to give it to you … free! Let me suggest this little prayer … pray it from your heart … He will hear you and answer.

"Blessed Jesus ... I want that peace You speak of. I know that I am a sinner and I repent of my sins. Please come into my life, Jesus. I believe You died for me and I believe that through You I can gain peace in my life. I look forward to a personal relationship with You, Jesus. Thank You for the gift of eternal life. Amen"

If you prayed that prayer, let us know. And, if you need a New Testament of the Bible we can send you one. Just send an email to: cntcpw@aol.com

Paul Weresch

No comments: